Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase. - MLK, Jr.
Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. - John Wayne
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler. - Albert Einstein

Thursday, May 13, 2010

4th Wedding Anniversary

Today is our 4th Wedding Anniversary, we never thought it would be like this.

We've completed fifteen rounds of chemotherapy, with ONE left (right before my birthday); this summer we will begin our journey through mastectomy, reconstruction, and life afterward.  Hopefully by this time next year I'll have hair, actually I'm hoping to have a little hair by Christmas, regardless I'm sure I'll post when the little shoots start coming out after my last round of chemo.  Followers could even start a pool to see when I'll have hair...or not.


Last night Pavla drove me to my photo shoot for the Graphic IV Art Bra calendar shoot.  Even though I felt pretty beat up, tired from the anti-nausea meds and chemo, it was a lot of fun.  We all had our make-up done, and I got to wear false eyelashes and have eyebrows.  The world looks so different through eyelashes!  It was so much fun to hang out with the girls and not think about the one thing that brought us together.  I don't think I've laughed and had such a good time in a long time.  Our shoot was pirate themed and looks great.  Everyone has to buy a calendar for next year.




This is Cody's campaign photo, he's decided to be a write-in candidate.  LOL!!!






Carolyn and Cody posed for their Mother's Day photo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you, Baby Girl and congratulations to you and Cody.

Mama

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope that you have fun!

Last night was fun -- I was equally excited about the eyelashes and eyebrows.

Sarah