Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase. - MLK, Jr.
Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. - John Wayne
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler. - Albert Einstein

Thursday, February 4, 2010

$10,000.00 Day

I can say with certainty that I am one of the few people that I know that has managed to spend over $10,000.00 in one day, and received nothing in return - like a car. On December 30, 2009 my bill to the insurance company from MD Anderson was over $10K, my portion will end up being around $3,500. Unbelievable!! Not even diagnosed 2 months and my portion of the medical bill would already pay for our mortgage and taxes for two months. Now add up the bill from the crazy radiologist that I first saw, and I already owe over $4,000.00 in medical bills. No wonder people go bankrupt from medical bills! The crazy part is that we have good insurance. This year alone will end up costing a fortune. I can't imagine if we didn't have insurance.
Mom bought me a real ceramic piggy bank, some butterfly and fairy stencils, and some paint markers; so today I’m going to decorate my pig. I’ll post pictures later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I only disagree with one small point - you did get 'something' for the ten grand! You got life saving medication! Medication that as you know many people in THIS COUNTRY can't afford or access.
I agree that our medical system is broken and we need to repair it now. However, I have no clue how to get the people that CAN repair it to do the job. When so many are blocking the repairs with lies. I hope we can figure it all out. Too much is at risk.