Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase. - MLK, Jr.
Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. - John Wayne
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler. - Albert Einstein

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Good News

Yesterday I had my final round of Paciltaxel and RAD001, and I had an ultrasound and biopsy to find out if the past 11 weeks of treatment had made a difference in my tumor.  It has made a HUGE difference.  My tumor has shrunk from 1.5 cm x 1.0 cm to less than 6 mm x 2 mm.  The radiologist could barely get any cells to donate to the study and for the pathologist.  The pathologist was unable to detect any active cancer cells in the sample!!  YEA :)  Needless to say Cody and I are thrilled.  It is really exciting to see that all of our efforts are paying off, and we are really happy to see that our confidence in my doctors was not misplaced...they DO know what they are doing.






Number 12 is in the books.







My infusion therapy nurse.





Cody and I after it was all over...








BRING ON THE F.E.C.!!

2 comments:

Jane Lynch said...

Hooray!!! This is such great news!!

Lots of love from Michigan,
Jane

Unknown said...

You look so great! And this is such happy news! Congratulations!