Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase. - MLK, Jr.
Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. - John Wayne
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler. - Albert Einstein

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

One More

Yesterday I finished my eleventh round of Taxol and RAD001, only ONE MORE LEFT!! YAHOO!! Cody and I can finally see the end of the chapter. The exercise that I did last week did not make me more fatigued that usual the day after chemo, but it did give me more energy. Today is a rest day, and it is raining and gross outside so it is the perfect rest day. Last week I went down to Town Lake and walked then ran, then walked then ran, for approximately 5 miles from Mopac to South 1st Street. Then on Saturday Cody and I rode our bikes on the veloway, a closed 5km bike track in south Austin, for 20km. So I am ready to do the same biking distance as the triathlon, and the run is going to be more walk then run; but that is okay. My goal is to finish, not set any speed records. Saturday we also went to the nursery and bough sweet grape tomatoes and okra plants. We’ll see how the okra does in containers. I need to get some basil and thyme for my herb garden, and then some flowers. You can’t have a garden without flowers. Tomorrow I see the eye doctor in the morning, either the chemo has messed up my eyes or they are just naturally getting worse. I’m blaming everything that goes wrong on the chemo…hot flashes – chemo, cat barfs – chemo, rain – must be the chemo. The sun should be out so after my appointment I plan on spending the rest of the day working in the garden and getting everything planted. I’ll post pictures for those of you still waiting for spring.
Here are some hats that I received in the past couple of weeks --- THANK YOU!!

No comments: