Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase. - MLK, Jr.
Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. - John Wayne
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler. - Albert Einstein

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Photos and Things


I met with Dr. Gonzales yesterday and she gave me the okay to participate in the triathlon on April 11th; my goal is to finish.  Who else can say they finished a triathlon while undergoing chemotherapy??  I'm really excited.  It gives me a tangible goal to work towards, and is something that Cody and I can do together.  Check under the information link for information on the triathlon.

Here are the pictures that I've been talking about posting.

Outdoor garden area on the second floor of the Mays Clinic at MD Anderson; they have nice tables and chairs and Cody and I like to get some sun and get away from it all between appointments.






Cody catching some sleep in the sun.  It is really hard being the caregiver.






Before I really started loosing my hair.





Receiving chemo on January 19th in my Jack and Adams t-shirt, I think they gave me too much :)




My lovely pre-op outfit; nothing fits because apparently everything is made for giant people.  Good think I'm healthy and won't be needing the compression leggings.  Next time they need to raid the closet at Texas Children's.



My hair is starting to fall out now - check out that bald spot!!  Very sexy!  Cody and I are resting outside before my 4th chemo treatment.








My sparkly shoes!!

2 comments:

Jane Lynch said...

Lots of love to you. And your steadfast husband. Hang in there.

xoxo Jane

Unknown said...

Dear Rachel
I am a friend of Clyde. I love your blog! I think you are a very good writer and your blog means more to me! I've never read an English writing so carefully or make English study notes until I read yours. Very very good one! Thank you! Hope you get well soon!! xxx Helen