Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase. - MLK, Jr.
Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. - John Wayne
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler. - Albert Einstein

Sunday, January 17, 2010



Sparkly shoes; with my new Sparkly shoes I can be a Pixie and light through the halls of MD Anderson. They remind Cody of the “Wizard of Oz” only silver, not red.

Boo’s death. My grandmother died this week; people are heading to South Carolina for the memorial service on the 23rd. I’m not sure how I feel about my grandmother, yes I love her but she wasn’t the warm and fuzzy grandmother type. She was a woman who was divorced in the 1960’s and worked the rest of her life. We didn’t spend a lot of time with her, but when we did it was okay. I have good memories of Palm Springs.

Mouth sores. I’m starting to get sores on the inside of my mouth. Mouth sores are a side effect of chemotherapy, and anyone that has ever worn braces will know what I’m talking about. It feels like the metal is cutting me in all of the same places; for some reason the sores are appearing in the same places that I had sores with my braces. I wonder if it is because the tissue there is already traumatized and subjected to easy tearing and more trauma makes it worse. If the don’t clear up soon I’m going to schedule an appointment with the dentists at MDA. They should be able to help.

2 comments:

Jen B said...

Hang in there Rachel... you deserve to avoid the Hilton Head drama this weekend - Boo would want it that way.

Thinking of you,

Jen

Jen B said...

Oh and I LOVE THE SHOES!!! xoxo