Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase. - MLK, Jr.
Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. - John Wayne
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler. - Albert Einstein

Friday, January 22, 2010

Sleeping and Exercise

I've been having problems sleeping the past few nights. I'm not sure if it is the chemotherapy making me restless, or the fact that I'm not exercising as much as I’m used to. So this morning I went for a 2.5 mile walk along a trail near the house. It was a nice blacktop trail, and it felt great to get outside and get some sunshine. I miss the sunshine in the winter time. On my walk this morning it was all I could do to not run flat out, so I walked really fast. I’m taking it easy, one step at a time. If I feel okay later on today I’m going to ask my doctor on Monday if I can do a triathlon between my Paciltaxel regime and when I start the F.E.C. combo. If she will let me the race is April 11, 2010 at Aquarena Springs in San Marcos, TX. Cody and I participated last year and it was beautiful. You get to swim in a gorgeous spring fed lake, clear water, and the start is individual so no chance of getting tackled by another swimmer. The bike is an easy out and back, and the run is beautiful along the San Marcos River. If I do get clearance to do the race I will need a cheering section!

No comments: