Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase. - MLK, Jr.
Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. - John Wayne
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler. - Albert Einstein

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Bike Riding

I love riding my bike.  There is something so empowering and freeing to be zooming along at 30+ miles an hour on two wheels, under your own power.  Today Cody and I rode from our house all the way to Hwy 29.  It was my longest bike ride of the year - 32 miles round trip.  I forgot how much I love to ride, even in the heat and headwind.  I am so excited to finally be able to ride again, even if it is just for a few weeks.  After surgery I'll have to sit out at least 3 weeks, but then I'll be able to ride as much as I want.


View Larger Map




Me in my gear before riding today.








My trusty Felt FW35.







Correction to my post below:  The Astrodome is owned by Harris County, not the City of Houston.  Thanks Mom!

No comments: