Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase. - MLK, Jr.
Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. - John Wayne
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler. - Albert Einstein

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

First Weekend of Freedom

My first weekend of freedom all year was spent with good friends and Cody. On Friday – DAY TEN – Pavla, Jim, Karissa, and I hung out by the community pool. It was so nice to sit in the sun, drink a beer, and converse with good friends! I managed to not get sunburned and the little bit of color that I did get added greatly to my overall appearance and self esteem. Later that evening Cody and I went and played rock band at Pavla and Jim’s place. Cody and I have not had so much fun in a long, long time. Saturday we were exhausted. We have not stayed up that late all year. It was nice to sleep in. Sunday we headed to Pace Bend Park so that Cody could ride his mountain bike, and I could read my book on the cliffs. It was so much fun reading and watching the other people at the park. There was this group of four boys and a girl, and they were hilarious. The boys were constantly doing silly things like a “triple dive” where three of them dove off of the cliffs at the same time, daring each other to do front flips off the cliffs, and other ridiculous boy things to do. Cody finished his ride and we ate lunch on the cliffs, watching the people and the boats zoom by. It was a great weekend and felt so good to spend time in the sun, getting some color, and enjoying life.




Cody and I imagined this is what the view across the lake from the park looked like back in the late 1970's.  Now it is full of houses, except for this tiny strip of parkland.






The view from my perch on the cliff.

No comments: