Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase. - MLK, Jr.
Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. - John Wayne
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler. - Albert Einstein

Friday, June 4, 2010

Birthday

Today is my birthday - weee!!  It is also the day that I feel well enough after my last chemo session to post some pictures from the big day.



Cody and I getting our picture taken outside his parents house before our last chemo day at MD Anderson.





We have been so LUCKY that his parents, and my mother, both live in Houston and allowed us free reign of their homes when we need to be in Houston.




Let's get this over with already!!!






Last time I have to haul all of my stuff to the bathroom with me.  It will be so nice to go without taking a bunch of medicine with me.






Celebrating the finish line with a Sprite Zero, and the required bendy straw.






And just like that it was over...June 1, 2010 6:18pm.









Ringing the bell...with a cheering section of nurses...





The Ringing of This Bell
Marks the End of One Chapter
and the Beginning of a New One...

TO LIFE!  L'CHAIM!

With loving thanks to all the staff
From Naomi Arbel - Cancer Survivor 2007

...then I was done...until the next day when I had to come back for my shot of Neulasta....and couldn't help ringing the bell again!!!!


 

3 comments:

Sarah Jackson said...

Happy Birthday and HURRAH!!

Love,

Mama

Sarah said...

So very happy for you! I hope that you have a wonderful birthday and a year full of joy!

Much love,
Sarah

Jane Lynch said...

Hooray!!! A new chapter! Happy birthday!!

xoxo Jane